Category Archives: Family
So, obviously it has been a while since I posted anything. I took a brief (7 month!) hiatus from blogging to focus on raising Marlow and just getting used to being a mom. Can you believe it has been almost a year since she arrived?! Time flies when you’re having fun (and are totally sleep deprived and exhausted). But, who am I to complain? I love being a mom. You will never (EVER) hear me say it’s easy, but the reward outweighs the struggle… on most days, anyway. I honestly can’t even remember what life was like before having Marlow in it. She’s the best, and absolutely the most challenging, thing I have ever done.
But, back to blogging. I’m back! And, with being back comes some major blogging goals I have set for myself in the year ahead. Since it is June, I figure I have about 6 months that I really want to commit to my blog to improve it and get into a groove with writing and sharing my life. So over the next 6 months my goals are:
- To be more clear with my voice. Who I am, why I’m doing this and what I stand for and love in life. I tend to be chaotic in my writing, because life can be chaotic. My goal is to write about every subject that inspires me, but in a cohesive way.
- To focus more on myself. I see blogging as an outlet for my creativity, and for me to stay present. It gets so easy to just roll through the days checking things off my list. But, in all this adulting I have been doing I feel like I have lost a bit of myself. So, this blog allows me to focus on me, and the world around me a little more. It actually forces me to! Without it, I would literally have no idea what is going on outside the walls of my tiny house! So, I want to use this blog as encouragement to focus more on myself and what I love.
- To be consistent. I have a number of posts I would like to post per week. I think it’s doable, but we’ll see. What’s a blog if there’s nothing new to read? I plan on posting at least a few times a week.
- To not be scared to share myself! This is a really big one for me. In the past I try to just post about things that don’t delve to deeply into my private life. I understand there are certain things off limits, and certain limits I have for myself, but welcome to the new Lindorelli! Here I am! I’m not perfect, but this it what you get.
- Lastly, I just want to be athentic. I don’t want to post just to post and check it off my list. I want to blog, because I truly love what I’m sharing. I want to share items and stories that not only help me, and make me happy, but that I hope you’ll love and want to learn about too.
So, there’s that. We’ll see how it goes, but I’m not promising anything;) Wish me luck. Cheers to the rest of 2017.
Packing for your first trip with a little one can be daunting. We took a week and a half long trip to California with Marlow when she was two months old to get out of the Arizona heat, and I’m pretty sure I was making lists before she was even born then started packing about two weeks before we went. I was so scared I was going to forget something important. But, no need to stress! I realized if I forgot something, we could just pick it up while we were out on our trip. California happens to have CVS and Target… so, there really wasn’t any reason for me to panic. I think we picked up a Dishwasher Basket some Honest Diapers and Wipes and some Baby Wash while we were on our trip, but I had everything else.
So, what do you actually need while traveling with a newborn? Of course, it depends on where you’re going and what the weather will be like, but I came up with a basic list to follow whenever we go on a trip and I thought I’d share it with you. We take a lot of road trips back and forth to San Diego and Laguna Beach. I went to college in San Diego and Matt grew up in Laguna Beach where his family still lives. We’re pretty lucky to have such incredible places to visit whenever we want, and thankfully it’s only about a 6 hour drive either place. This weekend we are planning on going to Laguna Beach for a baby shower and to stay with Matt’s family. Marlow is getting a little cousin in December! So, I’m looking forward to the shower and we’ll also be taking a ton of hand-me-downs for Marlow’s little girl cousin that she has outgrown.
So, back to what I’m packing for the little. Babies come with a lot of crap. We usually take our dog with us when we drive places too, so our car is typically packed at all times. These are the true essentials that we need, plus a few extras that I find helpful. Feel free to print this list and come back to this post whenever you take a trip to print another one. When you’re a new mom, anything to help you remember everything and keep things straight is a huge help!
In the Suitcase:
- Wash Cloths
- Hooded Towel
- Baby Wash – This Burts Bees Baby Bee Gift Set is perfect for traveling.
- Baby Lotion
- Diapers – Check out this Free Trial for Diapers and Wipes.
- Diaper Rash Ointment – Honest Co. has the most incredible healing ointment that works great for diaper rash and eczema.
- Children’s Tylenol
- Sunscreen (for babies over 6 months old.)
- Insect Repellant
- Grooming Kit – I have this one, and it’s perfect. It includes:
- Nail Clippers
- Nose Aspirator Bulb
In the Diaper Bag:
- Diapers – 1 per hour traveling
- Changing Pad
- Burp Cloth
- Formula or Nursing Cover
- Bottled Water
- Thermos of Hot Water to warm bottles.
- Extra Pacifier
- Pacifier Wipes
- Dirty Diaper Disposable Bags
- Wet/Dry Bag or Ziploc Bag
- Toy/Rattle – I SWEAR by this Baby Paper. Babies LOVE it, and it’s only $5!
- Antibacterial Hand Spray
- Extra Outfit
- Bouncy Seat/Swing – It’s nice to have somewhere to put baby other than laying them down
- Play Gym
- Car Seat
- Backseat Mirror
- Pack’n’Play & Sheet
- Sun Shade
- Light Snacks for Mom & Dad
- Night Light
- Bottle Warmer/Travel Bottle Warmer
- Sound Machine
- Travel Packet of Dreft
*Note: Affiliate links were used throughout this post. I only share items that I genuinely have used or recommend.
As soon as I found out I was pregnant, Google became my best friend. Just admit it. That deep dark hole of Googling every symptom and everything having to do with pregnancy got to you, too! There was finally a point when I said enough is enough, because Google can truly drive you crazy. So, rather than Googling, I looked for other preggers to read their story and find someone to relate to that was going through what I was going through. I found plenty out there! These are my five favorite Family and Lifestyle/Pregnancy Blogs right now:
- Pregnant Chicken – Informative without being scary or overwhelming. All you need to know with some humor thrown in the mix.
- Scary Mommy – A refreshing look at Pregnancy and Parenthood that will leave you LOLing in public places.
- Katie Did What – Pregnancy, Parenting, Lifestyle and Fashion. I feel like I can really relate to her. I truly love her blog!
- FitPregnancy – All the info you need for a fit and healthy pregnancy and beyond.
- Life With My Littles – I love how honest she is, and there’s a ton of great pregnancy and motherhood tips that are realistic.