So, obviously it has been a while since I posted anything. I took a brief (7 month!) hiatus from blogging to focus on raising Marlow and just getting used to being a mom. Can you believe it has been almost a year since she arrived?! Time flies when you’re having fun (and are totally sleep deprived and exhausted). But, who am I to complain? I love being a mom. You will never (EVER) hear me say it’s easy, but the reward outweighs the struggle… on most days, anyway. I honestly can’t even remember what life was like before having Marlow in it. She’s the best, and absolutely the most challenging, thing I have ever done.
But, back to blogging. I’m back! And, with being back comes some major blogging goals I have set for myself in the year ahead. Since it is June, I figure I have about 6 months that I really want to commit to my blog to improve it and get into a groove with writing and sharing my life. So over the next 6 months my goals are:
- To be more clear with my voice. Who I am, why I’m doing this and what I stand for and love in life. I tend to be chaotic in my writing, because life can be chaotic. My goal is to write about every subject that inspires me, but in a cohesive way.
- To focus more on myself. I see blogging as an outlet for my creativity, and for me to stay present. It gets so easy to just roll through the days checking things off my list. But, in all this adulting I have been doing I feel like I have lost a bit of myself. So, this blog allows me to focus on me, and the world around me a little more. It actually forces me to! Without it, I would literally have no idea what is going on outside the walls of my tiny house! So, I want to use this blog as encouragement to focus more on myself and what I love.
- To be consistent. I have a number of posts I would like to post per week. I think it’s doable, but we’ll see. What’s a blog if there’s nothing new to read? I plan on posting at least a few times a week.
- To not be scared to share myself! This is a really big one for me. In the past I try to just post about things that don’t delve to deeply into my private life. I understand there are certain things off limits, and certain limits I have for myself, but welcome to the new Lindorelli! Here I am! I’m not perfect, but this it what you get.
- Lastly, I just want to be athentic. I don’t want to post just to post and check it off my list. I want to blog, because I truly love what I’m sharing. I want to share items and stories that not only help me, and make me happy, but that I hope you’ll love and want to learn about too.
So, there’s that. We’ll see how it goes, but I’m not promising anything;) Wish me luck. Cheers to the rest of 2017.